Monday, July 7, 2008

Nadal Does it Again!

That my friends is a picture of Rafael Nadal celebrating (in his own strange way) his championship victory over Roger Federer at Wimbledon yesterday (6-4, 6-4, 6-7. 6-7. 9-7). I happily report that Nadal ended Federer's five-year reign at Wimbledon. I have been waiting for Nadal to beat Federer at Wimbledon for the past 3 years.

My devotion and loyalty to the church won out against tennis once again. Eternal victories are much more sweet than temporal championships. However, I wish I didn't have to miss it. This match is going down as one of the greatest tennis matches of all time. It lasted four hours and 48 minutes, making this the longest men's final in the history of the Wimbledon tournament. I will be interested to see if this win gives Nadal the #1 spot. Either way, I will be watching tonight when they replay it on ESPN Classics.

2 comments:

Jessy said...

I actually watched about 1/2 an hour of it which is good for me! I got into it and remembered your posts.

Jimmy Snowden said...

I love the news of new converts!!

Thanks for reporting.

Jimmy