Thursday, May 29, 2008

The French Open

Tennis is my favorite sport to watch on T.V. On top of that, my favorite tennis tournament to watch is The French Open--which is happening right now, even as I type this. I love watching Rafael Nadal (Spain--in the picture to the left) run around like a wild maniac, chasing down shots that not even Inspector Gadget could get. This may make some of you think less of me, but I honestly prefer to watch tennis over any and every sport, whether it be football, basketball, baseball, etc. I am not sure, maybe this makes me less of a man. If so, I humbly accept "sissy-boy" status.

Anyway, I just wanted to do my little part in making tennis, once again, an appreciated sport. Now stop being such a dead beat and watch it! (Just kidding). Although Roger Federer (Switzerland) is undoubtedly the best all-around tennis player in the world right now, no one is more exciting to watch than Nadal. There is just a determination and intensity in Nadal that puts you on the edge of your seat. Everything he does is amazonish, goofy, unorthodox, and ultimately mannish. Oftentimes Federer is sorta boring to watch--he is so good, smooth, and rhythmic that he doesn't even look like he is trying. Federer is so fluid that his playing is almost like a lullaby--it puts you to sleep. Whats the point of watching tennis while sleeping. Do you see my point? Do you see now why I like Nadal better?

It will be interesting this year to see if Federer can be a match against Nadal on clay (for those of you who are not up on the tennis world, Federer has never beaten Nadal on clay. The French Open is the only Grand Slam title (major tennis tournament) that Federer hasn't one, and Nadal is the reason for that). No matter who wins, it's always fun to watch.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Jimmy - you are straight up a dork. Thats all I have to say.

Your mother

Anonymous said...

Jimmy - more baby pictures please. Thats all I have to say.

Your mother in law

Unknown said...

Jimmy - your mother in law is right. We really don't care about your love for geekiness - we just really care about looking at that sweet adorable son of yours. So get with it!

Your mother