Thursday, December 7, 2006

Final's Break

I am officially banned (by my wife) from all blogging until Dec. 20, 2006. From now until Dec. 20th I have my Intermediate Greek and Elementary Hebrew Finals, about 75 theology essays to grade, church internship responsibilities, and a 24 hour drive to NH, along with all of the hassles of moving.

During this time I ask those who are crazy enough to read this blog to seek out books on hermeneutics (the study of interpretation). Spend time thinking about the importance of the Bible. Try to discover all of the things that hinder your ability to be shaped solely by the Word of God. Consider what it is that shapes you. Consider what it is that shapes the way you read the Bible.

God Bless

4 comments:

Dianne said...

Interesting views...

:~)

Jimmy Snowden said...

What do you mean "interesting views?" What are your thoughts? Thanks.

Dianne said...

We read through many coloured spectacles such is the complexity of our individuality, of course, i agree but the bible needs to be, and can be interpreted and understood solely in it's own context.

Jimmy Snowden said...

That is the whole point of what I am writing. I am exposing those things that hinder our ability to read scripture in context. I am not saying that it cannot be done. In fact, I am saying that it can be done. I am merely exposing those things that we hold more dear than the scriptures themselves. Re-read the posts so you can get a feel for what I am saying.
Thanks for your comments.